The Dormouse, York - Vintage Inns
Clifton Park Avenue, York, North Yorkshire, YO30 5PA
- 0190 464 0682
You must mention your Gourmet Society card when booking
- Modern British
- Click here to visit restaurant website
- 25% off the total bill, including drinks, when ordering a main course.
- Offer applies to the a la carte menu only.
- In Scotland the discount does not apply to alcoholic drinks.
- The offer is valid for up to 6 guests.
- Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party.
- Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
- The offer is valid Monday to Thursday and Friday, Saturday, Sunday are excluded.
- The offer is not valid throughout December.
The Dormouse in York is a country pub and restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. The picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on the menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing the bar.
The Dormouse is built on the site of the old Clifton hospital, originally known as the North and East Riding Pauper Hospital when it opened in 1847. These days, we look after visitors and locals rather than patients and instead of a hospital, we offer friendly hospitality and delicious food and drink, creating the ideal setting in which to relax and unwind.
Enjoy a spot by the roaring log-fire or make the best of the British summertime by eating alfresco in the pretty beer garden.
Offer and Availability
gourmet society members are entitled to 25% off the entire bill, including drinks, when they order a main course. Offer applies to the à la carte menu only. Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party. Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
Number of people:
- Up to 6
- Please mention the Gourmet Society
Please ALWAYS check availability
You MUST book in advance unless otherwise stated.
What our members say about The Dormouse, York - Vintage Inns
A pleasant meal that's typical of a Vintage Inn pub. A meal for two with drinks cost us just over £30.00. We will go back.
Went to the Dormouse to try the menu, I had a T-bone steak and my wife had a large Scallop and prawn risotto.
Both meals were very good, the staff seemed to be rushed off their feet but were very pleasant. I recommend this venue, just be prepared to wait a while. This did not affect our enjoyment, but it may need to be considered if you are in a rush.
You must be logged in to post reviews.