The Hanging Gate, Shottle Gate - Vintage Inns
34 Ashbourne Road, Shottle Gate, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 2LE
- 01773 550 467
You must mention your Gourmet Society card when booking
- Modern British
- Click here to visit restaurant website
- 25% off the total bill, including drinks, when ordering a main course.
- Offer applies to the a la carte menu only.
- In Scotland the discount does not apply to alcoholic drinks.
- The offer is valid for up to 6 guests.
- Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party.
- Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
- The offer is valid Monday to Thursday and Friday, Saturday, Sunday are excluded.
- The offer is not valid throughout December.
The Hanging Gate in Shottle Gate is a country pub and restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. The picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on the menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing the bar.
Dating back almost 350 years, The Hanging Gate has become a prominent part of the community of Shottle. They have always welcomed travellers, offering a welcome break for those on long journeys in the area. They even ran a stables so that the horses could take a break whilst the travellers tucked into a hearty bowl of broth.
Enjoy a spot by the roaring log-fire or make the best of the British summertime by eating alfresco in the pretty beer garden.
Offer and Availability
gourmet society members are entitled to 25% off the entire bill, including drinks, when they order a main course. Offer applies to the à la carte menu only. Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party. Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
Number of people:
- Up to 6
- Please always check availability
- Please check availability on bank holidays
- Please mention the Gourmet Society
Please ALWAYS check availability
You MUST book in advance unless otherwise stated.
What our members say about The Hanging Gate, Shottle Gate - Vintage Inns
Have used this country pub/restaurant for many years and despite it being part of a "chain" it is always a delight to come here. The staff are always welcoming and attentive; the basis of any good establishment. Excellent food from a quite extensive menu and reasonably priced wine list. Also a good pint of beer.
Lovely surroundings and atmosphere. Highly recommended.
You must be logged in to post reviews.