The Old Gate Inn, Bridge Canterbury - Vintage Inns
162-164 New Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3EL
- 01227 829 951
You must mention your Gourmet Society card when booking
- Modern British
- Click here to visit restaurant website
- 25% off the total bill, including drinks, when ordering a main course.
- Offer applies to the a la carte menu only.
- In Scotland the discount does not apply to alcoholic drinks.
- The offer is valid for up to 6 guests.
- Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party.
- Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
- The offer is valid Monday to Thursday and Friday, Saturday, Sunday are excluded.
- The offer is not valid throughout December.
The Old Gate Inn in Bridge Canterbury is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. The picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on the menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing the bar.
Dating back to 1728, the inn was built near the Toll Gate and was originally known as the Sign of the Gate. The first landlord was Richard Howard, who also collected the tolls and was a trained tallow chandler (maker of candles). In 1781 the Old Gate Inn became a coaching house where travellers could rest for a night.
Enjoy a spot by the roaring log-fire or make the best of the British summertime by eating alfresco in the pretty beer garden.
Offer and Availability
gourmet society members are entitled to 25% off the entire bill, including drinks, when they order a main course. Offer applies to the à la carte menu only. Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party. Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
Number of people:
- Up to 6
- Please always check availability
- Please mention the Gourmet Society
Please ALWAYS check availability
You MUST book in advance unless otherwise stated.