The Turnpike, Yarnton - Vintage Inns
2 Woodstock Road, Yarnton, Kidlington, Oxfordshire, OX5 1PJ
- 01865 847 666
You must mention your Gourmet Society card when booking
- Modern British
- Click here to visit restaurant website
- 25% off the total bill, including drinks, when ordering a main course.
- Offer applies to the a la carte menu only.
- In Scotland the discount does not apply to alcoholic drinks.
- The offer is valid for up to 6 guests.
- Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party.
- Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
- The offer is valid Monday to Thursday and Friday, Saturday, Sunday are excluded.
- The offer is not valid throughout December.
The Turnpike in Yarnton is a country pub and restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. The picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on the menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing the bar.
The Turnpike was built over two hundred years ago, but was originally known as The Bunch of Grapes. In 1719, this section of the Stokenchurch to Woodstock highway became part of the Turnpike Trust. To the south of any existing building, a cottage and toll booth were constructed and a gate was put across the road. The Turnpike Trust was dissolved in 1878 and the toll booth demolished. The pub building is constructed of Cotswold Stone and the roof is Cotswold stone slate, once described as 'the finest in Oxfordshire' by Sir John Betjeman, Poet Laureate, on one of his visits to Mr George Kolkhurst who owned Yarnton Manor. The first registered landlord was a Mr William Tubb who ran the inn from 1784-1785.
Enjoy a spot by the roaring log-fire, or make the best of the British summertime by eating alfresco in the pretty beer garden.
Offer and Availability
gourmet society members are entitled to 25% off the entire bill, including drinks, when they order a main course. Offer applies to the à la carte menu only. Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party. Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
Number of people:
- Up to 6
- Please mention the Gourmet Society
Please ALWAYS check availability
You MUST book in advance unless otherwise stated.