The Captain's Wife in Penarth - Vintage Inns
Beach Road, Swanbridge, Penarth, The Vale Of Glamorgan, CF64 5UG
- 029 2053 0066
You must mention your Gourmet Society card when booking
- Modern British
- Click here to visit restaurant website
- 25% off the total bill, including drinks, when ordering a main course.
- Offer applies to the a la carte menu only.
- In Scotland the discount does not apply to alcoholic drinks.
- The offer is valid for up to 6 guests.
- Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party.
- Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
- The offer is valid Monday to Thursday and Friday, Saturday, Sunday are excluded.
- The offer is not valid throughout December.
The Captain's Wife in Penarth is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. The picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on the menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing the bar.
The Captain's Wife was originally Sully House, a house originally owned by a captain. Legend has it that when his wife died, her body was kept in a box that was mistaken for treasure and stolen. A small fleet of fishing vessels were located at Swanbridge harbour and it is likely that that the row of cottages, that became the pub, were later the traditional homes of the local fishermen and their families.
Enjoy a spot by the roaring log-fire or make the best of the British summertime by eating alfresco in the pretty beer garden.
Offer and Availability
gourmet society members are entitled to 25% off the entire bill, including drinks, when they order a main course. Offer applies to the à la carte menu only. Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party. Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
Number of people:
- Up to 6
- Please mention the Gourmet Society
Please ALWAYS check availability
You MUST book in advance unless otherwise stated.
What our members say about The Captain's Wife in Penarth - Vintage Inns
As a member of the Gourmet Society we booked my 60th birthday party for 17 family members at The Captains Wife, Sully, Nr. Penarth and it was an excellent evening, with very good quality food served by caring and thoughtful staff. The wine and beers were pretty good as well, the draught Guinness was beautiful, all at a reasonable total cost by using my members card. We will be calling there again, in fact I have just booked another smaller family gathering for the 1st of February. THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING IT A LOVELY EVENING WITH EXCELLENT FOOD.
You must be logged in to post reviews.