The Crooked Chimney, Welwyn Garden - Vintage Inns
Cromer Hyde Lane, Lemsford, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 7XE
- 01707 397 021
You must mention your Gourmet Society card when booking
- Modern British
- Click here to visit restaurant website
- 25% off the total bill, including drinks, when ordering a main course.
- Offer applies to the a la carte menu only.
- In Scotland the discount does not apply to alcoholic drinks.
- The offer is valid for up to 6 guests.
- Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party.
- Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
- The offer is valid Monday to Thursday and Friday, Saturday, Sunday are excluded.
- The offer is not valid throughout December.
The Crooked Chimney in Welwyn Garden is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. The picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on the menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing the bar.
Serving the Lemsford community for more than 200 years, the building was originally a farmhouse called Hornbeam Hall. Its use as an inn dates back to 1756 when it was called The Chequers. In 1777 Searanckes Brewery of Hatfield acquired the building which remained as The Chequers until 1968 when it was renamed The Crooked Chimney after its distinctive crooked brick chimney.
Enjoy a spot by the roaring log-fire or make the best of the British summertime by eating alfresco in the pretty beer garden.
Offer and Availability
gourmet society members are entitled to 25% off the entire bill, including drinks, when they order a main course. Offer applies to the à la carte menu only. Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party. Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
Number of people:
- Up to 6
- Please mention the Gourmet Society
Please ALWAYS check availability
You MUST book in advance unless otherwise stated.
What our members say about The Crooked Chimney, Welwyn Garden - Vintage Inns
I have been here quite often and am always astounded by how slow the service is on a weekday evening. That said the food is good and reasonably priced and as we use it to catch up with friends who don't meet up often it's not usually an issue.
You must be logged in to post reviews.