The Red Lion, Dodleston - Vintage Inns
Church Road, Dodleston, Chester, Cheshire, CH4 9NG
- 01244 661 636
You must mention your Gourmet Society card when booking
- Modern British
- Click here to visit restaurant website
- 25% off the total bill, including drinks, when ordering a main course.
- Offer applies to the a la carte menu only.
- In Scotland the discount does not apply to alcoholic drinks.
- The offer is valid for up to 6 guests.
- Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party.
- Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
- The offer is valid Monday to Thursday and Friday, Saturday, Sunday are excluded.
- The offer is not valid throughout December.
The Red Lion in Dodleston is a country pub and restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. The picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on the menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing the bar.
An 18th Century map suggests The Red Lion was established as far back as 1737, though then it was known as "The Red Lyon". The quiet and peaceful history was interrupted in the autumn of 1845 when the inn became the scene of a battle between angry Irish and English farm labourers. More recently, they have won a Gold Award at the Chester Food and Drink Festival Awards 2007 and 2008.
Enjoy a spot by the roaring log-fire or make the best of the British summertime by eating alfresco in the pretty beer garden.
Offer and Availability
gourmet society members are entitled to 25% off the entire bill, including drinks, when they order a main course. Offer applies to the à la carte menu only. Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party. Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
Number of people:
- Up to 6
- Please mention the Gourmet Society
Please ALWAYS check availability
You MUST book in advance unless otherwise stated.
What our members say about The Red Lion, Dodleston - Vintage Inns
Whilst staying in Kinnerton near Chester over the weekend, we had a lovely meal at the Red Lion. It was Saturday 1st June, the 1st night for Vintage Inns to join Gourmet Society. We were very impressed with the food and the service. Excellent.
You must be logged in to post reviews.