The Running Mare, Chelmsford - Vintage Inns
Running Mare Lane, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 8PN
- 01245 253 031
You must mention your Gourmet Society card when booking
- Modern British
- Click here to visit restaurant website
- 25% off the total bill, including drinks, when ordering a main course.
- Offer applies to the a la carte menu only.
- In Scotland the discount does not apply to alcoholic drinks.
- The offer is valid for up to 6 guests.
- Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party.
- Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
- The offer is valid Monday to Thursday and Friday, Saturday, Sunday are excluded.
- The offer is not valid throughout December.
The Running Mare in Chelmsford is a country pub and restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. The picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on the menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing the bar.
The inn dates back to the 18th century and the first registered landlord was Robert Lemon. Prior to being named The Running Mare, the inn was known as The Trues, The Tanners and The King's Head. The tradition of changing names extends to the town in which the pub sits. In the Domesday Book of 1086 Chelmsford was called 'Celmeresfort' but by 1189, the town's name had changed to the current Chelmsford.
Enjoy a spot by the roaring log-fire or make the best of the British summertime by eating alfresco in the pretty beer garden.
Offer and Availability
gourmet society members are entitled to 25% off the entire bill, including drinks, when they order a main course. Offer applies to the à la carte menu only. Limited to 1 gourmet society card per party. Groups cannot be split to use additional gourmet society memberships.
Number of people:
- Up to 6
- Please mention the Gourmet Society
Please ALWAYS check availability
You MUST book in advance unless otherwise stated.