Standard Rules for Prize Draws and Competitions
Valid for all competitions from 01/02/2012
- By participating you agree to the requirements set out in all promotional materials and the following General Terms and Conditions. Please get the bill payer's permission before entering.
- Open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland, unless otherwise stated. Not open to employees (or their immediate families) of Gourmet Society,, its agencies or anyone else professionally associated with this promotion. Gourmet Society, reserves the right to request proof of identity or to verify eligibility conditions and to award any prize to the winner in person.
- Maximum one entry per person unless otherwise stated. Entries via agents or third parties or the use of multiple identities and email addresses are not permitted.
- Only online entries via the promotion website will be accepted. You must have a Gourmet Society, account to enter. Entries must be completed online by the closing date. Use of automated entries or programs is prohibited and all such entries will be disqualified.
- Winners will be selected in a random draw within 5 days of the closing date from all correct entries received.
- Gourmet Society, reserves the right to disqualify late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, lost, illegible or invalid entries.
- For online entries: Gourmet Society, cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the website and is not responsible for any disruption to the promotion or the website due to technical problems or otherwise due to events outside of its reasonable control.
- To enter we will ask you to either submit your existing Gourmet Society, membership number or to register your personal details with us. Your personal details will be used in accordance with Gourmet Society,'s current published Privacy Notice and may be passed to our agents to administer the promotion and send out prizes. Personal details will only be used for marketing purposes if you have consented to receive future marketing from Gourmet Society, (you may have already done this if you have registered your details with Gourmet Society, previously).
- If any prize cannot be distributed or is returned as undelivered Gourmet Society, reserves the right to select an alternative winner or to give the prize to charity. If we require a response before we award any prize and no response is received after we have made reasonable efforts to make contact, Gourmet Society, reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to someone else. Gourmet Society, has no responsibility to anyone who has not responded.
- No cash or other alternative prizes are available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control Gourmet Society, reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. Prizes cannot be transferred or sold by winners unless a parent or grandparent is entering the promotion on behalf of a child or family member.
- Gourmet Society, has arranged this Promotion in good faith but, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accepts no responsibility for loss or damages as a result of anyone participating in the Promotion or any aspect of any prize awarded. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
- Gourmet Society, reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion or extend or resume the entry period or disqualify any participant at any time without giving advance notice and will do so if it cannot be guaranteed that the promotion can be carried out fairly or correctly for technical, legal or other reasons or if Gourmet Society, suspects that any person has been manipulating entries or the results or has acted unethically in any other way.
- If we require a response before awarding any prize and no response is received within a reasonable period of time, Gourmet Society, reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and will award the prize to a substitute winner drawn at the same time as the first name(s) selected. Any prize which is returned as undelivered will be used for another prize draw or given to charity.
- Email safety In the event that Gourmet Society, wishes to contact you in connect with your entry we will do so via an email ending in gourmetsociety.co.uk or by phone with a follow up e-mail. Any email which appears to come from Gourmet Society, but using a different ending (e.g. hotmail.com, yahoo.com etc) should be treated with suspicion and forwarded to Member Services. DO NOT respond or act on any e-mail if you are not sure that it comes from Gourmet Society,. If you are in any doubt please contact Member Services.
- Winners may be required to participate in reasonable related publicity without further payment or permission. Gourmet Society, may publish first name, surname initial, age and/or town/city.
- For information regarding the names of the winners (and, if applicable, their winning entries) email Member Services quoting the name of the prize draw or competition. Unfortunately we are unable to return any entries sent to us by post.
- Gourmet Society's decision is final and we reserve the right not to correspond on any matter.
- The laws of England apply and any disputes will be dealt with in the English courts only.
- Travel and accommodation are not included unless otherwise stated on the competition page.
Contact informationContact information
telephone: 0800 043 1978
(weekdays 9.00am to 5.00pm) Excluding bank holidays.* Calls to 0800 numbers are free from your mobile or landline. Your call may be recorded for training purposes
Important DocumentsImportant documents